Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 8, 2013

Hot Mess

Let me just say...We're just a hot mess over here. 

Adam has been sick (I won't go into the gory details) for almost 3 weeks and his doctor can't figure out what's wrong with him.  I was sick yesterday and today, but mine has been figured out.

Two poopy parents and a toddler = exhaustion. 

Thank goodness for parents!  My parents watched Cameron on Saturday while I had my cerclage done.  Adam's mom came to the rescue and came to the house yesterday morning when I got bad, and then took Cameron home with her once C woke up.  Grandpa was home yesterday, so they went back to their house and then went to church.  Cameron had a blast!

It's been decided that I'm having a reaction to the Z-Pack I was put on post-cerclage.  So, I am to stop taking it today and won't be picking up another antibiotic. 

Adam's started as what his doctor thought was food poisoning.  After a strong dose antibiotic, Adam was feeling better.  About 3 days after stopping his antibiotic, he was sick again.  Poor guy has lost over 15 pounds and has been on pretty much a liquid diet since Wednesday.  He went back to the doctor today and they are running a bunch of tests and then probably going to send him to a GI doctor.  Hopefully they can figure out soon what is wrong with him.

In the meantime though...our grocery bill has been relatively cheap with him being on a G2 diet.  He did eat some Ramen Noodles yesterday.  $2.28 for a 12 pack box...Adam's not the soup eater of any type.  He doesn't do soup or cereal...anything that is liquidy.  He ate the Ramen Noodles and even said it was good...I know he's hungry if he's saying that!

Like I said...hot mess here.  Hopefully we start to get on the mend soon.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ugh, y'all feel better. I hope they figure out his issue soon. A few years ago I had a bad reaction to an antibiotic -- it wiped out all the good bacteria in my intestines and a bad one grew back. I was sick for 2 months before it was finally figured out. The regrowth of bad bacteria had thrown me into reactive colitis. I already have IBS and I'm seriously saying something when I tell you this was 10x worse.

Unfortunately that experience seriously messed me up and I'm on high doses of probiotics just to keep it from happening again. (WARNING: Unsolicited advice ahead! ;) )If you haven't already tried one, I'd suggest getting a good probiotic (with at least 10 strains of bacteria) to help iron out any lingering issues you may have. Of course, that may not be an option while you are pregnant.