Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What a Day

Today has been exhausting.  Let's start with I had an anxiety attack in the middle of the night and woke up holding tight to my slightly bulging belly and thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest.  I haven't ever had an anxiety attack like the one I felt last night.  And it was 12:30 a.m...which is when I woke up when I was in labor with Bailey.  I don't know why, but I have come to really dread that time.

I tossed and turned the rest of the night and this morning, first thing at 9:00 a.m., I called my Dr.'s office, left a message on my nurse's line and got a call back within 5 minutes of me calling.  I told London about my anxiety attack and about my massive constipation I have had.  I'll talk about that in just a bit...I know you, as my reader, can't wait to hear about my plumbing problems...lol!

My nurse wanted me to come in at 10:15 to see my Dr.  I needed reassurance that everything is okay with CB.  We got there and waited for a little while, and then my Dr. brought in the portable sono machine and did a quick ultrasound and we saw CB wiggling around...whew!  Heartrate was 157 bpm...again...whew!

We discussed whether or not for me to start taking an anti-depressant.  I'm not thrilled with the idea and she said I didn't have to.  I think I am going to wait until after the cerclage procedure and see how I am doing after that.  I know part of the anxiety is because we are only a month away from Bailey's first birthday and as it gets closer, the harder it gets.

We talked about my constipation and she wants me to take Colace twice a day and Benefiber twice a day until I regulate and then once a day on both for the remainder of my pregnancy.  Go figure that the day we talk about this, I FINALLY had 2 bowel movements and my belly feels better.

We also talked about doing the P17 shots when I reach 16 weeks.  She knew there were pharmacies here that are still compounding the drug, so she called my MFM today to find out if they knew where, and they did, so my Dr.'s office called to find out the shelf life on the meds.  She said if the shelf life was good (or even if it wasn't), she would call in what she could for me, so we could at least get it for cheaper than $1500/shot.  I received a call back from them while I was in the shower this afternoon, and they found a pharmacy that is still compounding it, and they called in my prescription...and I think it's for the whole 20 shots!  I will pay $55.00/vial instead of the $1500/shot and I am ecstatic about it.  I was so worried about what we were going to do when we got to that point, because we really need that shot, as I know so many other people do too.

After a sleepless night, I did catch a nap today because I didn't go back to work after my appointment, and overall, I am feeling better.  Counting down the days until we get the cerclage in, and praying it does the trick!  That along with the shots, I am hoping that we can keep CB in here for another 26 weeks!

0 comments: