Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, November 24, 2013

18 Days & Counting

The countdown is on, and has been for a couple of weeks now.  Part of me feels as if I shouldn't be counting down the last days, as these will be the last 18 days that I will ever be pregnant.  The other part of me is ready.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I just don't make a good pregnant person.  As being a woman and mother who lives with the constant fear of losing a baby, because I've already been there once...the fear sometimes consumes me.  The worry consumes me.  This pregnancy has been emotionally by far easier than my pregnancy with Cameron.  This pregnancy has however been physically by far a lot harder than my pregnancy with Cameron.

We still don't have a picture outfit.  We still haven't even packed our bags.  I have grumped at friends for not having their bags packed (or at least a list made) by this point.  And what I have done?  None of the above.  I haven't even made a list of things to pack to go to Granny and Papa's for Cameron.  I REALLY should get on the ball.

Holidays are approaching fast and furious...and in a frenzy, I am trying to get everything done with our Christmas shopping by the end of November.  And it just doesn't look all that promising. 

Nesting has FINALLY kicked in, and I think it's driving Adam nuts...he's not the only one though, because it's about to drive me nuts too.  I hate cleaning....HATE it.  And yet, I feel like nothing can be clean enough right now. 

I'm also a little stressed about this whole breastfeeding business this time around.  We didn't do it with Cameron.  She's formula fed, and I'm perfectly fine with that.  In fact, that was my choice.  However, for expense purposes, we are going to try to breastfeed/pump & bottle feed Evyn this time around.  We were supposed to go to a class last week and this week (2 nights - 2 1/2 hours each night).  When we couldn't find the place last Tuesday, we called and found out they have a new facility now AND the class was canceled.  When I inquired about doing a make-up since we are delivering prior to the December class, I was told the price of the class is going to be double, and is going to be on a Saturday or Sunday.  I'm having a REALLY hard time with it being double, so I think I am just going to enlist the help of my mama friends who have done this and the hospital, and we're going to roll with it. 

18 days though...18 days until we get to meet this sweet little girl.  And I. CAN'T. WAIT!

3 comments:

Brie said...

Try contacting your local LLL laLecheLeague to see if maybe a consultant can come out and answer any questions, show you how to use the pump, etc before hand to relieve any anxieties. Sal was both formula and breastfed. I breastfed at home (didn't pump-took too long for what I produced) and did formula on the go, and that worked for us. I hate that you feel anxiety about this! If you decide to go with formula, we have purchased from amazon and used Enfamil rebates at target to make it a little less expensive, but still, that stuff ain't cheap!

Geetrude Milkicent Steamweaver said...

My hospital had staff there to help with breastfeeding, there was a small class that I could attend after I had my daughter as well. I had difficulty myself but we did get a few good weeks in and I tried as long as I could. I hope you have an easier time of it.

When you try for the first time make sure you are not leaning on the emergency pull cord. I was and had the whole floor rush into my room while I am there with my boob out and my daughter trying to get a good latch. Epic mistake.

In My Heart said...

Here it is, Dec 3rd and I'm just now getting caught up reading some blogs. Life has been crazy busy.

9 days to go, girl! So excited!

The hospital should have Lactation Consultant that will come in after you deliver Evyn.
Hoping Evyn will just latch-on, no problems.

HUGS~
Jill