Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thankgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends and family!  No matter where you are on your journey, I wish a peaceful time for you and your families.

It's amazing the difference one year can make.  Last year, I remember starting the month of November wishing I could crawl in a hole and sleep away the next two months.  It's no secret to anyone that I was NOT excited about the holidays.  I was so bitter and angry in my grief that we didn't even decorate for Christmas last year.  The only thing we did was buy a small pink tree (that we settled on because we couldn't find one that we loved) that sat on the kitchen table in Bailey's honor. 

Now, this year, I am so thankful because we have Cameron, our precious rainbow who has brought so much joy into our lives.  She has helped heal part of the gaping wide hole that used to be there.  Although that hole is still there, it is not as huge as it once was, and she has done a fine job at bandaging it.  This year, I actually am looking forward to the holidays.  This year, we are going to decorate for Christmas.  We bought a new pink tree (a bigger one) that will still be in Bailey's honor, but it will be for both of our girls.

Hanging out in her high chair at Grammy & Paw-Paws on her first Thanksgiving.  She's thoroughly impressed...

Today, we took Cameron to the cemetery for the first time.  We could not spend the holiday and not go visit Bailey's spot.  And since it was Cameron's first time there, we took a family picture.

Our little family...always missing one special little girl

Sisters

1 comments:

Allison said...

I hope that you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving. The pictures of you guys at Bailey's resting place are so touching. I wish you could have both of your girls in your arms. Cameron is such a blessing, and I am so glad that you are celebrating her first Thanksgiving, Christmas, and News Years!