Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 8, 2010

23 weeks

Today is one of those days.  To be completely honest, I haven't thought about the number of weeks it's been that Bailey's been gone since after week 8.  It was easier to keep up with the months, and the weeks just kept slipping by. 

But this morning was different.  On my way to work, I started thinking about the weeks.  And when I counted the weeks, I figured out that it has been 23 weeks since Bailey was born, and she died.  Today is the day that she has been gone just as long as she was here with us.

It's an incredibly weird feeling to hit this mark.  And it's also an incredibly empty feeling. 

Why did I think about this today?  Mother's intuition I guess.  And I have to admit, this kind of intuition sucks majorly.  I want the normal mommy intuition.

4 comments:

Dana said...

The fact that you suddenly thought about how many weeks it has been, when you haven't in awhile, makes me even more convinced that Bailey is with you. That day is coming up for me in a few weeks.

Thinking of you and Bailey always <3<3<3

Rhiannon said...

It is so sad to think about the comparison of how long our angels were with us and how long they have been gone. So heartbreaking that their time was way too short. Bailey is always with you and Harper is always with me...they live on in our hearts and through our lives. Thinking of you and your little Bailey. Big hugs to you...

Violet1122 said...

I agree with Dana, I'm sure it is no coincidence that you felt the need to count the weeks on that day.

Thinking of you and sweet Bailey...

((Big Hugs))

Allison said...

I do think your mother's intuition was speaking to you when you realized what the day was. <3 Although time is passing, little Bailey is always near <3 <3 <3 My heart is with you.